The Northern Kettle Moraine Nordic Ski Club (NKMNSC) is a 501c3 organization with an extensive history of community service in eastern Wisconsin. Our primary objective is to provide a top-notch ski experience at the Greenbush Trails. This includes consistent and expert trail grooming as well as trail maintenance and improvements, benefiting skiers of all abilities. In addition, for the past 20 years, the NKMNSC has been responsible for recreational improvements in the Kettle Moraine State Forest.
Key NKMNSC projects have been integral to the long-term success of skiing, hiking and biking in Sheboygan County. They include:
- Development of a Youth Ski Team
- Lighted Ski Trails at Greenbush
- Coordination of volunteers for trail grooming and trail repair.
- Planning and building the Greenbush Recreational Shelter and ski equipment storage buildings. The Greenbush Shelter is a four season, heated, handicap accessible log building that enhances local recreational of all types, and is open all winter for cross-country skiing.
- Working with the DNR to continuously improve our trails and winter recreation activities. During 2015 significant shelter improvements included new wood stove with stone hearth, new gas heater, new roof, new chairs/tables, new windows on the north side, and exterior staining.